K-2 Visa Guide


The K-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa specifically for the child or children of a K-1 visa holder. The K-2 visa allows the child of a K-1 fiance visa holder to enter the U.S. The K-2 visa is derivative of the K-1 fiance visa and can only be obtained in conjunction with the K-1 visa.

Legal Requirements to Obtain the K-2 Visa

1. Applicant must be the child of a K-1 visa applicant or holder;
2. Applicant must be under 21 years of age and unmarried;
3. Applicant must NOT be ineligible to receive the visa because of a criminal record or previous U.S. visa violation.

K-2 Application Procedure

The minor child of a K-1 applicant applies for the K-2 visa AFTER the K-1 applicant’s I-129F fiance visa is approved by the USCIS. In other words, the K-2 visa is applied for at the consular level. There is no USCIS petition for a K-2 visa.

To obtain the K-2 visa the applicant must complete the following steps:

    1. Submit form DS-160;
    2. Attend the medical exam;
    3. Attend the consular interview;
    4. Please note that the K-2 applicant must provide documents such as a birth certificate and a police certificate if they are 16 or older. All K-2 applicants must have a passport.


About Us


Contact Us

Your enquiry is about: *

Who is contacting us today?*

How may we help you? *

Your Name: *

Your E-mail:*

Your Phone:*